Okay so its winter!
It usually means hot, stodgy, fill-er-up sorts of meals. Dont get me wrong, we Loooove sitting down to big bowls of hot love filled meals or roasts or veggie bakes , its just our wastelines and digestive system dont always appreciate the extra work in winter when we are not as active.
So why exactly are Cam and I are going to share with you our FAVE Winter Smoothies & Juices?
1)Cause they’re Fast & Easy to Prepare
2)They are Packed full of Enzymes and alive
goodness our bodies need to keep flu’s and virus’ and bacteria at bay &
3) They taste great if you know what youre doing &
4) It gives our digestive systems a vacation (why wait till spring to trim down the belly!)
ALWAYS USE ORGANIC VEGGIES WHERE YOU CAN – for PEAK BENEFITS Body, Mind & Soul ! Trust me!
- Pure Water
- Scoop Morlife Vanilla Protein Powder
- Organic Banana(s) (to thicken it so it goes down like a thickshake)
- Handful(s) of Kale (easier on the liver – but be sure to balance bitter Kale with sweet flavours of fruit!!!!!!!)
- Tasty Organic Ripe Apples Green or Pink Lady are my faves so long as they are Sweet !
- Silica (to strengthen our hair, nails and skin)
- Hemp Oil (Omegas 3,6 & 9 for brain, digestion, blood flow)
- Alkalizing Greens via Morlife (Most powerdered greens taste bitter, these ones are delish-probiotics, strong greens, fruit & veg SUPER anti-cancer ALKALIZING abiliity)
- 1/2 Avocado – for oils, & thickshake texture it creates
- Coconut oil 1 TBSP
Again GO ORGANIC WHERE YOU CAN!!!
- We love the flavour of
- Juicy Carrots,
- Apples, and
- Oranges (peel the skin)
- plus the ZING of a 1/2 finger (OR MORE) of Ginger –
- Sometimes we add Lemon (again peeling the skin especially if no organic).
- Then Dark Green Kale (remembering Kale WILL make things bitter tasting if you use too much compared to the Other veggies).
- Other Juice options:
- Beetroot (can make your bowels move suddenly during the day so start slow amigos)
- Pineapple (sometimes can make it too acidic & sugary for our liking)
- All fruit will juice, its about sugar content & taste for your palette.
- All greens will juice eg: spinach, Rocket, (Spinach can punish the liver a bit if its raw)
- Broccolli, Green Beans, Cucumbers can also be juiced though can lead to Gas if your body is not used to them raw! – (Maybe experiment on the weekend when youve not got a BIG DAY to impress people at the office if you catch our drift! )
- Mint or other herbs for slight flavor & freshness
- Tumeric bulbs to kick start your blood cleanse